Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2011

Literary Presumptions

  I've decided to dig up an erotic story I began years ago just for my own amusement, to see if I can make something of it. I ran across a mention of a writing contest which this story might just fit. I have no idea if my writing efforts of late have any merit, I'm in a bit of a vacuum regarding any level of literary competence right now. For the time being I figure I'll just keep pounding away at the typewriter & scratching out my musings in composition books until I find someone who can tell me if there's a kernel of some worth buried in amongst the effusion.
            
                      XXXV                          
"Then to the lip of this poor earthen Urn
I lean'd, the Secret of my Life to learn:
  And lip to Lip it murmur'd  - 'While
    you live,
Drink! -  for, once dead, you never shall
   return'"

                                                        The Rubaiyt of Omar Khayyam                                                              

                                           A.S. Merrimac

No comments:

Post a Comment